Valley Emergency Communications Center Communications Technician (System and Network Administrator) 7/05 to Present
- Design, Maintenance and Administration of a 911 emergency communications LAN/WAN network including workstations, servers (Windows, Linux and Unix IBM AIX), network equipment (Cisco 3800 Routers, Switches Catalyst 3500’s, Firewalls ASA 5500’s, VPN’s and WireleUss Access Points).
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot complex telecommunications hardware (Avaya, Nortell, Intrado Viper) and software to assure reliable connections.
- System and Network Administrator for 2 Domains including Active Directory and 28 Windows Servers including Exchange Server, File/Print Servers, and Enterprise SQL Servers.
- Installer and Administrator for HP Left-Hand Network co-located storage devices using iSCSI.
- Administrator for Spillman Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System hosted on 2 IBM AIX Hi-Availability
- UNIX system administrator with over 900 users including 8 Police and 8 Fire Agencies
- Administrator for FATPOT Landmark, PSI and FATPOT Media Website (Police Records Systems) with 800+ users.
- Administrator for Avaya Definity phone system (VoiP/Analog/Digital) including wiring and switch programming.
- Administrator for Plant Vesta Call Center Suite using Meridian Servers and Nortel Phone Switches.
- NICE Call Recording System Administrator
- Installer, System Administrator and trainer for Dial Logic Reverse 911 System (DCC)
- Help Desk/PC Tech for approximately 120 in house users and 120 workstations.
- *Designed and built Intranet and maintains Internet site. Redesigned corporate website including a Content Management System and support for social media and with emphasis on creating improved 9-1-1 awareness and education as well as building a brand for the organization.*
- *Created internal Wiki for all VECC Documentation with over 10,000 pages, 8000 page views a month, Developed Wiki Training and trained more than 80 users on Wiki use, and content creation/editing.
- *Installer, Administrator and Content creator for an Online Training System for 9-1-1 call takers and Police and Fire Dispatchers including course materials, documentation, video/audio content and student progress training.*
- Concept Creator, System/UI designer and Project Manager for Automated External Defibrillator Registration application and into a Geographic Information System (GIS) database.
- Concept Creator, System/UI designer and Project Manager for VoiP registration web application and integration into a Geographic Information System (GIS) database.
- Concept Creator, System/UI designer and Project Manager for Fire Roster (Fire Station Equipment Staffing) Web Application decreasing staffing related errors by 22%
*Denotes Projects that were Recognized and Featured as Important Training/Documentation Innovations by APCO and Classes were taught on the How To’s at APCO’s International Convention in Las Vegas in 2009
Sundance Webmaster & IT Assistant (System and Network Administrator) 2/02-07/05
- Maintained and Administered a Novell Network including Novell NDS, GroupWise 5.5 Email Server, SCO UNIX Micros Servers, Windows 2k & 2003 Servers including domain server and 98, 2k and XP Pro workstations, Micros Point of Sale System, DataPlus Accounting System, Springer Miller Reservation System, Delphi Guest Services System, NAS device, web and ftp servers.
- Maintain and Administer Avaya/Definity phone system including wiring, switch programming, trouble-shooting and repair.
- Maintain and Support 100 workstations with over 150 users, including help desk and hardware/software trouble shooting, software support and recommendation, hardware repair and upgrades.
- Installed and Maintained including helpdesk, a DSL Solution for 100 lodging rooms spread out over 500 hundred acres of land.
- Designed, built, marketed and maintain web presence, including dynamic content.
- Increased web traffic 3 fold, increased online sales from 4% to 12%. www.sundanceresort.com
- Developed and implemented Email Marketing Strategy including writing, editing and producing bi-monthly newsletter with click through rates averaging 23%.
- Member of the Sundance Marketing Board helped to further marketing and advertising ideas bringing ideas to reality.
Webnovate (Contract) 6/03-Present
- HTML Programming
- Created an online presence for small businesses with little or no web exposure
- Focused on Search Engine Optimization using compliant coding practices
- Helped small businesses create Social Media strategies and implementations.
- Focus on small business marketing
Glenwood Intermountain Properties 5/01-2/02
- Managed a team of 12 full time maintenance crew members
- Designed, built and implemented a database solution to track individual apartments and maintenance orders
- Improved maintenance team output efficiency by 18%
- Reduced the maintenance wait time of our clients by 50%
- Reduced parts inventory costs by 15% through creative and improved management of parts inventory.
- Direct customer liaison for 5 major apartment complexes housing over 6000 Brigham Young University students
- Advisor for a group of Marriott School of Business at Brigham Young University who were competing in a business plan competitions. The group created Property Solutions Company.
Springville High School 2/01-5/01 (part-time volunteer job)
- Computer Lab Technician responsible for 35 PC and 35 Macintosh computers. Duties include maintenance, backup, repair, re-imaging, technical support and Network Administration of Novell Network of approximately 600 students and staff.
- Taught HTML and MCSE Classes
- Substitute Teacher for Technical Classes
Mindwire Interactive 10/00-12/00 (lay off)
- Web Producer- creating websites for clients. Duties included html, graphic design/layout, flash and client interaction/management
- Was instrumental in the creation of websites for these clients Xactware, Mountain Oil, Dvine Flavors, Novell Intranet
- Network Administrator, PC Technician, Helpdesk
Sera Nova 12/99-9/00 (lay off)
- HTML Content Specialist for Volkswagen of America’s Website www.vw.com
- Created HTML documents, Maintained and Updated US/Canadian VW Website, Audi/VW Tech, Audi/VW Dealer Art
- VW Projects Include: DriversFest 2000, French Accesorizer, VW Beetle Online Buying Project, VW Tech, VW Art, VW Specs, VW Configurator, Audi Arms and portions of various other clients projects
- Webmaster supported over 2000 VW/Audi Dealers with advertising web needs via intranet Web Art site.
Colorspots.com 4/99 – 1/03 (Co-Owner)
- 22% of the visitors made a purchase
- Created and Designed a Commercial Web Site For a Scrapbook Company
- Designed User interface and Graphics Using a variety of Industry Tools
- Promoted and Marketed Site
- Created Content and Documentation of Products
- Installed E-commerce Solution
- Maintenance and Update of Site On a Regular Basis
- Monitored and Tracked Stats and Sales of Products
PowerQuest Corporation 5/99-12/99
- Provided Advanced Technical Support of PowerQuest Products via Email and Phone
- Created Detailed Documentation of Customers Issues and Solutions
- Helped write many Knowledge Base pages documenting procedure and fixes for problems
- Created Documentation of Issues and Solutions for PowerQuest Products.
- Tracked Software Issues and Researched Technological Advances and their relationship to PowerQuest Products
- Helped Customers with Data Recovery, Boot Problems and use of PowerQuest Products
Institute for Network Professionals/Mountainland Applied Technical Center 1/99-4/99 (contract)
- Developed curriculum for FrontPage 98 training.
- Taught FrontPage 98 and HTML programming
Corel Corporation 5/97-9/98 (lay off)
- Worked on the development and localization WordPerfect Suite 8 for Danish Including inserting translations with different tools
- Worked with databases, screen sizing, bug fixing, code editing and updating, individual vendors, translators, QA/Testers and developers
- Worked on the development and localization Presentations Suite 8 for Finnish, Swedish, Portuguese, Italian, and Spanish
- Worked directly with Netscape and developers
- Helped develop a state-to-art localization process for WordPerfect Suite 9
- Created and developed Internet/Intranet Web pages for Internet tools team for using internally and externally w/ vendors, translators, and development and localization engineers